We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Electronic cigarettes are advertised as a safe alternative to traditional cigarettes.
Cigarettes release nicotine by burning tobacco, while e-cigarettes deliver nicotine to the user as a vapor. Because they release nicotine without burning tobacco, electronic cigarettes appear as a safer and less toxic alternative to conventional cigarettes.
There are still many unknowns about the health risks of using these devices.
How do electronic cigarettes work?
Electronic cigarettes are devices that battery operated and which are designed to provide users with the flavored nicotine and other chemicals in the form of steam instead of smoke.
Electronic cigarette or conventional cigarette?
The inhalation of tar and other chemicals produced by the combustion of tobacco are responsible for the health problems what causes the tobacco. The nicotine contained in tobacco is the cause of the pleasurable properties and addictive effects tobacco.
The electronic cigarettes are designed for simulate the act of smoking tobacco, but with less toxic chemicals that are produced by burning tobacco leaves.
Are electronic cigarettes totally harmless?
This question is difficult to answer as there are not many studies on it.
Now a new report published in the UK has concluded that electronic cigarettes They are much less harmful than conventional cigarettes.
The results show that although electronic cigarettes (also known as e-cigarettes) are not totally risk-free, compared to smoking, their harmful effects are quite minor.Specifically, the new report has found that the use of electronic cigarettes is approximately one95% less harmfulthan smoking tobacco.The study also found that there is "no evidence" to show that e-cigarettes increase the likelihood that young people will start smoking and that they may even be contributing todrop in smoking rates.So in addition to being much less harmful, when used in conjunction with smoking cessation support services, they offer a good opportunity to achievegive up smoking completely.
What risks could e-cigarettes have?
- Contain nicotine and other potentially harmful chemicals. Nicotine is a highly addictive drug, which apparently could condition the brain to become addicted to other substances.
- He steam of e-cigarettes could contain carcinogens, toxic chemicals (as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde) and metal nanoparticles potentially toxic from the vaporization mechanism. The health consequences of repeated exposure to these chemicals are not yet clear.
- The rechargeable cartridges of e-cigarettes could lead to overexposure of users to potentially toxic levels of nicotine.
- Tobacco smoke affects memory
- Smoking accelerates cognitive decline in men
- Smoking and infant colic