We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Universities in Spain, Beyond any ranking or classification they have improved their quality and prestige all over the world in the last ten years. Today it is possible to choose an excellent optionfor the studies of the children of European residents at the university. A good help guide is Studying in Spain (Study in Spain).
- History of Spanish universities
- The Spanish university system
- Interactive map of Spanish universities
- Rankings of Spanish universities. It is not easy to find rankings of universities in Spain, given the lack of tradition of this type of assessment, unlike the recognized rankings of foreign universities in other countries. Our opinion is that the existing ones are controversial and not yet very reliable; judging from the expert comments they suffer from major methodological flaws. Here are the following university rankings:
- Ranking of the newspaper El Mundo. The ranking focuses on 50 careers in the centers (Faculties and University Schools) and for each type of study (Law, Economics, Medicine, Computer Science, Humanities, Biology, Sciences, etc.). Also in the 2004-2005 version of this academic year, two rankings were added, one from private universities and the other from public ones.
- Aneca. Public Image of the Spanish University System. This is not a ranking of universities, but it is a survey carried out by an official agency that is quite controversial among Spanish universities.
General advice on the best Spanish universities:
- Types:The public universities Spanish are highly recommended if they are not very crowded. The private universities They are of more recent creation and do not have the levels that they show in other countries, although some have been consolidating a high quality in their services and in some of their degrees they can be highly recommended.
- Antiquity, it is also an advantage, although in what refers to the most classic studies. In Spain there are many centuries-old universities: Salamanca, Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Valladolid, Valencia, Oviedo, Santiago de Compostela, Alcalá de Henares, Granada ... authentic heritage and architectural jewels. It is a luxury to be able to study in them from this perspective.
Recommended universities in resident areas:
- In Catalonia: the Autonomous University of Barcelona has a very high international prestige. Lea closely follows the solvency of the oldest university: the more massive University of Barcelona. Recently created to highlight the prestige of the Pompeu Fabra University, especially in some degrees. We must add the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, excellent in technical degrees, in which the Catalan language plays a prominent role.
- In the Balearic Islands: The Universitat de les Illes Balears, although relatively young, is an excellent university especially in its own degrees: Tourism Studies, New Technologies ...
- In the Valencian community: There are four universities to highlight: University of Valencia (500 years), University of Alicante (with one of the best campuses in Europe) Polytechnic University of Valencia (technical careers). In Castellón (only 60 km from Valencia) the young UniversitatJaume I de Castellón is also recommended.
- In Andalucia. All the coastal provinces (Almería, Granada, Málaga, Cádiz, Huelva ...) have universities. Because of their tradition, perhaps we would highlight the University of Granada and the University of Seville, without ruling out the former.
- In the Canary Islands: The University of La Laguna (Tenerife) and the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (more recently created) can perfectly satisfy the needs in these Islands.
We encourage the Euroresidents to send us your impressions and comments if your children study in Spanish universities. Once hired by their authors, we will publish them soon.
|Top Five Private Universities:|
According to the newspaper El Mundo, the 5 best private universities are:
Rank.de private universities
Some experts consulted the proposed classification of private universities is as follows:
We want to know your opinion about the Spanish universities.Please, write us and tell us your problems and experiences.Contact: Euroresidents