We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Door knobs may not play a very important role in decorating a house, but replacing old or poorly functional knobs with new ones does help. So today we are going to learn how to change those old house knobs for new ones without having to be a handyman.
To change our door knob we will need:
-A cross screwdriver
-A doorknob (you can buy it in a hardware store or in places like Leroy Merlin, Casa, Aki ...)
-A socket for the doorknob (metal cover attached to the door frame where the doorknob latch fits when the door is closed).
-2 long screws
-4 short screws
Note: You can usually buy everything together in a pack (minus the screwdriver) so be sure to ask before buying it all separately.
Here are the steps you have to follow to change the doorknob:
- The first thing we will do is unscrew the screws that hold the old knob to the door.
- Once we have unscrewed the knob, we must pull it to both sides to separate the two pieces of the knob on each side of the door.
- Next, we unscrew the door handle, as well as the socket of the handle that is in the frame of the same door.
- To start assembling our new knob, first we will screw the new handle to the door and adjust its hole so that the knob can pass through.
- Next we will insert one of the parts of the knob into the hole in the handle and we will fit it with the other part of the knob that we will insert into the hole on the other side.
- Once this is done, we can start screwing the two parts of the knob (as long as we are happy with the placement).
- Once we have the knob positioned as we wanted, we have to check if the fit in the frame is in good condition. There are times when the socket is in good condition and it is not necessary to change it (although you can still change it if you want it all new). If we want to change it, we only have to unscrew the old socket and screw the new one.
Sure you can do it without problems. Cheer up!
Topics related to changing the door knob:
–How to remove a screw